It's winter in CNY - we might as well enjoy it!

Wise words...

"I cannot remember a time when I was not in love with them—with the books themselves, cover and binding and the paper they were printed on, with their smell and their weight and with their possession in my arms, captured and carried off to myself."
Eudora Welty

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Catching up with a few more "things"

So typical...I'm scrambling to finish up the 23 Things!  There are a couple of challenges to the project, which I'm sure everyone participating has discovered.  It's hard to find the time - so much to do, both at work and at home.  The other problem is that each of these tools opens up doors to lots more fascinating things - I get lost and time passes...and I feel like Rip Van Winkle with no notion of how much time has passed.

For example, I wanted to subscribe to a Podcast.  I started looking at library-related podcast, and then thought  - wait a minute, I have other interests - so I started looking at opera podcasts.  I listened to an interview with conductor James Conlon about an LA Opera production of the Ring Cycle, then went on to singer interviews, then subscribed to podcasts from Houston Grand Opera.  When I looked at my Google Reader site, I started catching up on all of the blogs I started following, and two hours passed!

Isn't it wonderful to know that we can never, ever be without something new and wonderful to read/listen to/watch?

No comments:

Post a Comment