It's winter in CNY - we might as well enjoy it!

Wise words...

"I cannot remember a time when I was not in love with them—with the books themselves, cover and binding and the paper they were printed on, with their smell and their weight and with their possession in my arms, captured and carried off to myself."
Eudora Welty

Monday, October 18, 2010

oh -oh -oh -Overdrive

I began using Overdrive when OCPL first added the service 5 or 6 (?) years ago.  I checked out more  music than audiobooks, and would play the recordings in my office at the Central Library.  Like many librarians, I wish the folks at Overdrive would improve the interface - it's not very user friendly.  eBook readers will be a popular gift this Christmas and we can anticipate lots of questions from patrons, and possibly some potential new library-users.  Overdrive doesn't have much competition, but librarians should put pressure on them to improve their product.

p.s. I love my Kindle, but would love it even more if I could use it to read eBooks from the library!

No comments:

Post a Comment