It's winter in CNY - we might as well enjoy it!

Wise words...

"I cannot remember a time when I was not in love with them—with the books themselves, cover and binding and the paper they were printed on, with their smell and their weight and with their possession in my arms, captured and carried off to myself."
Eudora Welty

Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Things 12 and 14...the end, for now!

I think I'm going to really like Delicious.  Bookmarking works fairly well on my office pc, where I limit myself to work-related sites.  But on my home pc - complete chaos.  Since I work regularly on three different computers I often remember bookmarking a site, and search for it one one computer, only to decide that I bookmarked it on one of the other computers.  These are amazing tools, and I know I've only scratched the surface.

Technorati will be fun to explore further.  I've stumbled on some good library-related blogs, but haven't really known how to identify more general blogs, or those related to other interests of mine.  I love the fact that so many people are finding their voice, and finding readers, on the Internet.  It seems to me that it refutes some of the concern that writing and words are being eclipsed by other forms of communication and expression.

No comments:

Post a Comment